CODE OF CONDUCT
FORMS, DOWNLOADS & PRESS INFORMATION
The Salvation Army is dedicated to keeping children and vulnerable adults safe from physical, emotional and sexual harm. We refer to our safety efforts as "Protecting The Mission."
Protecting The Mission guidelines ensure The Salvation Army Torrance Corps emphasizes safety in the following ways:
• Salvation Army personnel (officers, employees and volunteers) are trained in child abuse prevention and are mandated reporters of suspected child/vulnerable adult abuse.
• Salvation Army personnel undergo criminal background checks.
• Adults accessing the facility may be screened against public sexual offender registry.
• Instructors are trained in appropriate interactions with members to enhance learning by creating a safe and inviting environment.
• Programs involving children are closely monitored to ensure adequate supervision and safe interactions between Salvation Army personnel and children.
• The Salvation Army Torrance Corps constantly adapts and enhances safety protocols to adjust to needs.
• Members and guests are encouraged to report suspicious behavior. Forms for anonymous reporting, called Confidential Notices of Concern, are available at the Front Desk.
• The Salvation Army reserves the right to remove from the facility and terminate the membership of any member who fails to comply with any posted rules and regulation or otherwise breaches the Code of Conduct, in which case member will not be entitled to a refund of dues.